Friday, July 31, 2015

Cactus Blossoms

Orange Cactus Blossom

If you think we're nothing more than tumbleweeds, cactus, dust storms, monsoons, hot as ___ heat, etc., let me show you just a tad of Arizona's colorful side.

We have a variety of color throughout our state.  And yes we do have lots of the other stuff, including the HOT as ___ HEAT, but we also have other seasons that bring cool weather and snow up north.  Sometimes the cold white stuff hits down here in the valley, in some locations, which makes us all get wildly excited.  We also have lush green forests up north, beautiful trees, eye catching cactus blossoms, flowering shrubs, the mesmerizing red rocks of Sedona, breathtaking sunsets, and so much more.


Pink Cactus Blossom

Whenever we go on walks or hikes, I can't resist taking photos of nature (these were all taken with my Samsung Galaxy S6).  There is so much to see all around us.  In fact, there are times that I see things in nature, like when you see things in clouds (which I do often).  I've seen some hilarious cacti that looked like... well, I'll save that for another time. 

Then one day I saw kissie face cactus.


Kissie Face Cactus
 
This is Kissie Face Cactus.  Yep, I named it that because that is what I see.  We came across this cool blossoming cacti while birding at the Rio Salado Restoration Habitat a few months ago.  I couldn't stop staring at it!  Do you see the kissie face its making or do you see something else?  Kissie Face also made it to Az Central's website, which you can see here.
 
See?  We do have color here in the desert.
 
Peace and happy birding... and nature exploring,
Rocki


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweet tweet, chirp chirp! That's bird talk for "thank you for your comment!"